Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pregnancy update...

Sorry about all of the pregnancy talk as of late, but it seems to be the only thing that changes around here right now. I had my appointment this morning and when I got on the scale had a bit of a shock. I have lost, yeah you read that right, lost 5 pounds. Not such a great thing when you are 8 months pregnant. They are trying one more new medicine. This time a suppository to see if that might help for the next two or so weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works, because I would really like to eat something. I now weigh less than I did when I got pregnant. Fun huh?! The baby is measuring right and has a really strong heart beat. So they doctor isn't so worried about the baby, it is more how I am going to do during labor and for the couple of hours afterward.

Along with that happy news I found out last night that my grandpa passed away yesterday at 9:30 pm. He has battled Alzheimer's for about 6 years now, so it is a good thing that he has left this earth, but it is hard to see your only remaining grandparent leave this life. He was a great man and was loved by everyone that had the chance to meet him. I will post a picture and some more about him later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kels - I can honestly say that I'm impressed that you were willing to get pregnant three times with as badly as you get sick. Honestly - that to me is amazing. We'll pray that everything goes well during labor and that you are able to eat something here soon. I'm so sorry. I'm sick for 20 weeks and I think that is bad enough. You really are amazing.

Dixie Chic said...

I'm sorry to hear about all the sicknesses! You're in our prayers- and I am so excited to keep reading about all the updates! Hopefully we'll be hearing baby news soon! :)

I'm sorry about your grandfather. It is so nice to have the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again!

Heather said...

Sorry about your grandpa! Even though it's a good thing sometimes, it's still sad to see people we love leave us. Hopefully you'll have that baby soon, and your body can start to get back to normal. At least you'll have less weight to worry about after the fact. I'm lucky that I don't really get that sick, but my problem is wanting to eat myself into a blivian. lol. Not that I'd trade for your situation. :O( I hope that new medicine works for you!

Leanne said...

Sorry about your Grandfather. Alzheimer's is a really hard thing to deal with. Danny's Grandpa had it too, and it was not easy for anyone, even when he left this life.

I was going to tell you, if you click on the recipe label on my blog, I have a bunch of other kid-friendly ones too.

Jenny said...

I tagged you...