Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I think that I am nesting... ugh!

Okay, so I am on a rampage. I can't stop the crazy cleaning and organizing feeling. I have been a crazy lady the past couple of days and the only thing I can blame it on is that I must be nesting. Every closet in my house has been torn apart, reorganized, shelves scrubed down and things put neatly back in. I have also done that with every draw and shelf. I spent all day yesterday cleaning floors and base boards. Ryan gets home from work everyday and just laughs at what I have done... The one good thing about it is that I am so tired by the time I put the kids to bed I fall asleep really quickly and actually stay asleep until about 5:00.

On the agenda for tomorrow will be windows. Inside and out... at least the outside ones that I can reach. ;) I also will be cleaning off the front porch and the front door. Will all of the wind we have been having my front door is really gross. :(

I don't quite know why pregnant women go through this craziness, but I think it has to do with the fact that our mother-in-laws spend so much time at our house after the baby comes and we just can't handle the comments that come about how dirty our house looks. Maybe that is just my mother-in-law that does that.

Ryan and I will be working on setting up the nursery tonight... just one more thing to cross off of my list. I just can't control the OCD right now. :)

5 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

Wow!! I remember those nesting days- it was awesome, because I loved the feeling of a emmaculate house! I think nesting is a natural feeling to clean up everything to a "T" before the baby comes, because we know that AFTER baby comes, we won't be able to keep up with the house for a while. I usually had the nesting the month right before I was due. If you run out of things to clean, c'mon down to my house! I have enough things to keep you busy until you're due! LOL!

Just remember to take it easy and put your feet up once in a while! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the mother-in-law theory of nesting, and dixie chic's comment about how things get after the baby comes.

I would only add that in addition to those two motivations is - at least for me this pregnancy - that in the first five or so months I feel so crappy that I only get to the basics of cleaning my house so it doesn't look too terrible and by month six I just can't take it any more and you have to do the complete overhaul!

wendyberd said...

well ladies - feel free to come over anytime and visit my apartment. i have a roommate that doesn't understand the word "clean". i try and i try....but its like having my own children.
don't forget in your cleaning frenzy to take some time to RELAX!!!

Kelseybob said...

Thanks for the offer of places I can come to next. I will keep that in mind. I got Ryan to help me set up the nursery last night and that help relive the panic feeling a lot.

Em, I like you am so sick that it is really hard for me to stay on top of things, but mine is the entire time I am pregnant. So you start to get used to it and just live you life like that is the new norm... I'm getting to that point with the contractions too. :(

I try to relax as much as I can, but even when I do sit for a few minutes my mind is running at a million miles an hour. 8 more weeks until my due date and then hopefully things will settle down a little. HAHAHA!!! ;)

Heather said...

I think I nest for about half my pregnancy. I just panic that I won't have any time at all to do any projects for a long long time. So I'm always redecorating, reorganizing, etc. Take it easy, girl. You don't want your water breaking...or to end up in the hospital again. I'm wagging my finger at you.