Friday, January 25, 2008

Six weeks and counting down.

Okay, so as of today I am officially 34 weeks. This is great news, because if I go into labor again they won't stop my contractions. :) My doctor and Ryan are still crossing their fingers that I will hold out for 3 more weeks, but I can't say that I feel the same. Today while Sheldon was at preschool, Allie and I went to get nursing bras and tops, along with the rest of the stuff on my list of things that needed to be done before the baby comes. I can now say that I am finished with everything for the baby, including bags being packed and both the crib and the cradle are ready to go with bedding. My house is so clean that it is almost scary. Plus the van has been detailed and is full of gas. Ryan won't let me put the bags and car seat in the van, he says that he will put them in when we leave, but I figure if I do it while he is at work what is he going to do, bring them back in? :) The only thing that I have left to do is get my nails and pedicure done. Ryan laughs at me, but I have to have this stuff done or the entire time I am in labor it will drive me crazy.
I think the thing that I am most excited about when the baby comes is that 1) the baby will be here, 2) I won't throw up anymore, and 3) the heart burn will finally go away and my ulcer will start to heal. It is so lovely to be pregnant. ;)
We are also taking bets on what sex the baby is, when the baby will come, and how big the baby will be. If you would like to play along feel free. Just to give you reference points, Sheldon was a week early, 6lbs 15 oz and 19 inches long. Allie was 3 weeks early 6lbs 4oz and 18 inches long. So have some fun and we will see who wins.

3 comments:

wendyberd said...

Praise Be!!
i am so happy for you! i think i'll go out and celebrate.
So...my guess is....february 16th, 7 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 inches.
is that a good guess? remember - this is coming from someone that has never been pregnant.
:)
yay for mommy Kelsey!!

Dixie Chic said...

I guess it's a GIRL, Born February 15th, 2:30am, 7lbs. 2 oz. and 19 inches long, with lots of dark hair!

ROFL about being so prepared! Too funny about the manicure, etc! You'll be the hottest momma in the hospital! :)

I am SOOO excited for you!!!

Heather said...

February 14th (leave it to you to have a valentine's day baby!), a girl, 6 lbs 5 oz., 19 inches long. Fast labor and delivery!

Good luck! I'm sending labor vibes your way ~~~~~
I know how it feels to know you are close enough that the baby can come at any time and be okay. :)