Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Soccer anyone.





Okay, I am trying to be better about keeping you all up to date on my Blog, but it is a challenge when we do the same things over and over everyday. I guess I could take some pictures of my laundry piles. :)




Anyway, Sheldon is right in the middle of his soccer season. He love to play, but he is the littlest one on the team, so it is not always the easiest for him. He tries really hard, and because of that we scream like crazy people every time he gets close to the ball. And if he kicks the ball we (the three of us, Ryan, Allie and myself) do the wave. I'm sure that we embarrass him to all ends of the earth, but it is so much fun to see your little ones out there growing.
He is number 2 ( he picked that because that is how old Allie is) and as you can see he is a lot shorter than the rest of the team. He is playing on the U-6 league. Which means that anyone that was 5 before the season started is in the same league as Sheldon. So there are a lot of kids that turned 6 the first week of games, so they have been playing for 2 years already. It has been a really good learning experience for him however. Being the littlest has made him have to play harder. :)
Anyway, on top of Sheldon's soccer, right now we are being slamed with church callings. Sheldon is giving a talk in Primary, and he isn't the type that will let you go up with him and whisper the talk into his ear. He has to have it memorized with pictures so that he can go up and do it all by himself. Along with planning and helping Sheldon memorize a talk, I was informed that I have to give the lesson in Relief Society on Sunday. We had some confussion because it is a 5th Sunday, which is under the direction of the bishop, but then our Stake has made it our Fast Sunday, so now I get to teach a presidency message. I am scared out of my mind because I have never had to teach Relief Society before. I just hope that I'm not sick and that I don't throw up. :)

3 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

I think it's great how Sheldon's in soccer. I really wish we could put our boys in something right now- it would sure be a great way to let them get some of their engergy out! Lol.

Wow about the callings! I would throw up, too, if I was asked to teach RS, but that's only because I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to that sort of thing. And...I'm better at teaching little kids, lol. I'm sure you'll do great! I was tricked into saying the opening prayer in Sacrament, and I'm scared tarless about that! Lol!

I'd love to see the rest of your house- how about a virtual tour one of these days when you get a minute? ;)

Kelseybob said...

Lisa~ Sometimes I feel like I have my kids doing to many things, but if we happen to miss something one week they just have no idea how to repond. I just kkep telling myself that by 1:00 every afternoon we are done and they can come home and just be kids.

I think that my scariest part about teaching on Sunday is that I don't have a lesson just given to me to teach. I have to come up with the topic and lesson by myself. I have spent a whole lot of time on my knees this week asking for help. I feel like I have my topic down. Now I just have to get my thoughts together.

I would love to give you a tour of my house. Right now it is in a bit of chaos, because of everything that has happened this week, but once I dig myself out I will snap a few pictures and let you see everything. :)

Heather said...

Oh, you don't want to see her house! Then you'll be filled with envy! lol.
Kels- sheldon looks so darn cute in his soccer getup. At least he goes for the ball and stuff. Sydney was super girly when it came to her soccer. I didn't sign her up for this fall - and she doesn't seem to care. Maybe next year, though.
I think you'll do great on Sunday. Just take a bucket and set it on the table next to you "just in case!" ha ha.