Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fun outside

Yesterday after Ryan got home from work and we had dinner he decided that he wanted to mow the lawn. We just had it fertalized on Monday, and he wanted to get it mowed before the fertalizer kicked in. Our family ritual is that when Ryan mows the lawn I sit on the front porch while the kids play with their bikes and cars.
Sheldon is just starting to figure out that he can ride his scooter like a big kid and not have to have his foot on the ground at all times. It was cracking me up, because he was lifting his leg up so high after each push he would almost fall over the other side.

Allie was enjoying the fact that she could ride in the car without having to share it with Sheldon. They normally have to take turns. She kept driving the car up to where I was sitting and saying "Bye Mommy. I be back in minute. Have a day." Which is what Ryan says to us as we sit on the front porch each morning to wave bye to him. He of course says it without the Mommy part and makes complete sentences, but you get the idea. :)

I was enjoying the view from our steps. For any of you who aren't 100% sure, this is Mount Timpanogos. Yep you can see it from our front yard. We happen to be just far enough west that the Point of the Mountain doesn't block our view. You can also see the new Draper temple that is under construction. The best view of that however is from the kids bedrooms.


For those of you who don't know, I am a Daddy's girl. Even now that I am married with kids I still consider myself that. My dad travels a lot for work, but we always talk once a day, and he calls me right before take off and right after the plan lands to tell me that he loves me. So the fact that I have a Daddy's girl is one of my favorite things. Allie will follow Ryan around for hours just to give him loves and kisses. If he ever leaves for work without giving her a kiss, her world almost crashes down around her. Last night she kept kissing Ryan and telling him thanks for mowing the lawn. I had to get a picture of one of the 800 that she insisted on giving him.

Baby number 3 was very happy to be a part of the action last night too. He (we say that because we can't call the baby an it) kicked and rolled the whole time. After we got the kids in bed and were settling down for the night oursleves, Ryan put his hand on my stomach, even though he can fell the kicks yet, he can feel where the baby is and everytime it moves out from under his hand. I get to feel the kick that are involved with each movement, but it is fun to have the two of the "play."


2 comments:

Heather said...

My heart is melting! And how cute that you and your dad talk so much! What a neat thing to have. :O)

Dixie Chic said...

We love doing the same thing when Benji mows the lawn. I swear, the minute that lawnmower starts revving up, all 4 kids RUSH out in the front yard with their bikes, squealing with glee.

I think that scooter of Sheldon's is awesome! Where do you find one with those types of wheels? Lol about Allie not having to share. That's sort of how it's starting to happen with Koby's hummer. He's always on his bike now, so Ryan loves that he can "take over" and ride it.

That is a beautiful view of Mnt. Timpanogos. I remember hiking it a couple of times with my dad and sisters, and I love the story and the outline of the maiden on the mountain. :)

That is really sweet about Allie being a daddy's girl. Jordyn (our oldest) used to be one, big time. She still is, and you can still see it sometimes. I love the kisses children give. It's the most tender and sweet things, and it DOES melt your heart. I wish kids never got too old to kiss their mommies and daddies.

And I will ALWAYS miss those kicking moments when I was pregnant. That was my favorite thing- to feel the baby move, and for Benji to feel the little knobs and bumps under his hand. It was also hilarious when Benji ended up getting kicked in the EYE once by 2 of our kids still in the womb! (It was his fault, if you don't want your eye kicked, don't put your eye on a "baby bump"! LOL!) I still remember how he used to grasp the little knobs that stuck out, and it was always funny to notice how baby quickly pulled away from it, because they're not used that sort of touch. Lol.

I love looking at your blog! You take such great pictures. Your family is really sweet.