Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cabin weekend

First of all, no I haven't finished the book yet. I keep trying, but I have so many other things that can't wait that I have to read mostly at night when the kids are in bed and Ryan is in rehearsals. Life for me is a little out of control. It is hard to be a single mom most days of the week. Ryan's mom has been helping us get our 1 year supply of food storage, so most spare minutes of the day is wrapped up in that. We have all been sick, except Ryan, and Sheldon starts Kindergarten in a couple of weeks. So needless to say I'm a bit out of control.
Anyhow, last weekend with took Ryan's family up to the cabin. We had lots of fun, but what Sheldon and Allie enjoyed the most was having some special time with Ryan.


We took the kids to the "Kids' pond" and Ryan showed Sheldon how to skip rocks. Ryan is a total pro at it and Sheldon was starting to get the hang of it.

Allie just loved the idea that she could walk in the water and find rocks. She would bend down to pick one up and dip her bum in the water and couldn't figure out why her bum kept getting wet. She would pick up a bigger sized rock and say, "I a strowng grril... huh Mom." She is a crack up.


Big E thought the kids splashing in the water was great! He just laughed and really enjoyed the chaos. When I put his feet in the water however he'd screamed bloody murder. I giggled and just did it again. I know, I'm a mean mom!
Other than that it is the same old craziness as always. Right now I feel like I am hanging on by a thread, but I will try to post again soon!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a relaxing retreat and your kids look like they had fun- what a cute pic of Ethan. :)

Lol on your book- I'm just *barely* starting Twilight (thanks to my super cool sister, Heather!) and it's so addicting that I want to read it all day long, but alas, so many interruptions. :)

Good to see you "back"!

Leanne said...

I love the wet bum thing. kids are so much fun. I'm with you on the crazy, only for different reasons. You are not alone!

Heather said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love those quiet little family get-aways. I haven't even started the new book. I have to finish another one before I can start it. But I look forward to it!