Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lisa tagged me.

I've Been Christmas Tagged!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapped... all in brown paper with different colored bows for each person. I also make gift tags that hang off the bows. Can you say OCD

2. Real tree or artificial?
We have done both, just depending on the year. This year they are both fake.

3. When do you put up the tree?
December 1st and not a second earlier or later. Again OCD

4. When do you take the tree down?
January 1st. I can't stand it any longer than that.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Ewe no. Just the thought of it makes me sick, but Ryan and Sheldon love it, so we have it in the fridge

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Porcline doll. I got one every year and the year Ryan and I were engaged he bought me one to carry on the tradition.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. I got the Willow Tree one from my parents last year, then we have two that we found in Ryan's grandpa's house when we were cleaning it after he died, then I have a hand painted wood one that my Uncle Roy (the one that Sheldon is named after) cut out for me the year before he died. It is painted to look like little kids are acting out the nativity.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Ryan

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Allie

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail

11. Favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Carol

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
All year. We just put things away during the year.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, but that is a really good idea!

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
White chocolate popcorn. A Hoskins' family tradition

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear... OCD again

16. Favorite Christmas song?
Joy to the World

17. Travel for Christmas or stay home?
We go to Ryan's parents house for breakfast and then mine for a late lunch

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph

19. Angel on the treetop or a star?
The tree in the family room has Tinkerbell, and the one in the office has a bow

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Jammies on Christmas Eve and everything else on Christmas day

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Not having a gift for neighbors that drop them by... I always keep Bed Bath soap on hand just for that.

22. What I love most about Christmas?
The wonder in my kids eyes

6 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

Tee hee! Thanks for doing it! :) I loved learning more about you. Lol about your OCD issues. I can imagine how beautiful and fancy your christmases are, though! :)

Heather said...

Thanks for doing that. It's fun to read your answers. I'm surprised at how many people do the pajamas thing on Christmas Eve. I'd love to see pictures of your trees, too!

Anonymous said...

Love the traditions and I think we are all a little OCD about certian things - aren't we? Aren't we? lol.

Wendell said...

Hey Kels - you didn't have that baby, did you? Haven't heard from you in awhile! :O)

Heather said...

oh, sorry, that was me - not Wendell. He must have been logged in when I posted! lol. Can't wait to hear how you're doing!

Dixie Chic said...

I'm deciding to check up on you, too! I hope baby is alright and you're just really busy with the holiday season. Have a great new year's eve, and PLEASE post as soon as you get a minute- we're wondering where you are!