Monday, November 19, 2007

My nightmare almost came true...

Yesterday Ryan, the kids and I went to church and my kids were so great in Sacrament meeting that I thought a couple of times that we must have grabbed someone else's kids. During Sunday School I was not feeling to great... Ryan had Reese's Pieces that he was eating and the smell of them made me throw up twice in the hour of Sunday School. During Relief Society I started having contractions. I would have 1 about every 10 minutes or so. Then when I got home they were at every 5 minutes. I laid down and tried to relax thinking that they would just go away... no such luck. We went up to Ryan's parents house for dinner and they kept coming. Ryan's brother-in-law (his sister's husband) who is a doctor asked if I wanted him to check me. HUM... NO was my answer. For 7 hours I was having contractions every 5 minutes. I asked Ryan to give me a blessing because I just couldn't be put in the hospital this week with Thanksgiving and Enrichment night. We got home at about 7:30 and Ryan told me I needed to go soak in the tub, and go to bed. Finally at about 12:30 the contractions stopped. I am so sore today, and have been taking it very easy. (under direction from Dr. Dave and my darling Hubby.) I do feel better and haven't had as many contractions, so hopefully we can keep this baby in for a few more weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

4 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

Omygosh, Kelsey!! It sounds like you are so busy, that it's taking it's toll! What a trooper you are to endure hours of contractions! They SUCK!!! I'm glad the blessing helped, because I know how much you want to get the holiday over and enrichment night.... I really hope you're able to find someone to help you with it- that's a LOT for an almost full-term mommy to do on her own! I'm glad you're feeling better (except for the soreness), and that baby is still in there cooking. :) (((HUGS!)))

Dixie Chic said...

Hope you're still hanging in there! Can't wait to see pics from Thanksgiving! ;) ;)

Heather said...

So, um...how is everything??? That's totally crazy!! I hope that baby is still inside and waiting as long as possible. And I'm hoping the reason you haven't posted is that you have been super duper busy and trying to take it easy rather than that you've had that baby! Keep us posted when you have a minute! :O)

Dixie Chic said...

How are you doing, Kelsey?

Sending out (((HUGS))) from Southern Utah! :) :)