Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Signs of Spring!

So one plus of this whole experience is that Ryan and I have decided that we need to be more self reliant and plant a large garden this year. Last night we started that endeavor. We moved some dirt and planted peas. YUMMY!


Here are our nice rows, and if you look closely you and see one little pea that Allie placed.


Sheldon loves the idea of having a garden and watering it and watching things grow. He was such a hard worker, he planted all of the snow peas and then wanted to water them all last night.


I even got my hands dirty and planted the rest of the peas Allie was too cold to do. It really was cold out there last night.
Our nice rows of peas... in 7 to 10 days we should have some plants growing out of the dirt, and then mid to end of May we should have a ton to harvest!










3 comments:

Elegante Family said...

Wow is it already time to plant peas. I wish it would warm up again so we can play outside.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! That reminds me that I don't want to forget to plant peas!! I'll have to do that this weekend.....yay!

Leanne said...

fun stuff! I wish it would stop snowing and making the ground all muddy here so we can finally plant!!