Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reports of the new baby!

Okay, so all of you know that Ethan had a pretty traumatic birth. And as a result he has always had a weird body position. The past few weeks it has really started to bother me. I think the more that it was just me around him and the more I saw of him sleeping at night, and the less I saw of him sleeping in the day I started to become very concerned. Ethan has never really slept during the day... he would take one or two 15-20 minute naps, but nothing that lasted any longer. It was becoming very draining. One night after getting all of the kids in bed for the night I went back into check on him and his back was arched in such a way that I became very sick to my stomach that something was wrong.
Then next day I talked to Ryan's mom who works at a chiropractic office and told her about it. She called me the next day and told me that I needed to make an appointment for Ethan to come see the doctor. I did, and have been taking him every other day for a week now. I swear to you that Dr. Frogley switched my baby with another one. This new Ethan is an amazing little boy. He takes two 2-3 hour naps every day, he eats really well, is happy and smiling all of the time, and now goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and will sleep until at least 6:30. He also no longer has colic. I am so sold on chiropractic care for infants that if Ryan and I have anymore kids the first thing I will do when we leave the hospital is take the new baby right over the Dr. Frogley.

p.s. I know that babies aren't suppose to sleep on their tummies, but when they start rolling over at 3 months there isn't a thing you can do about it! :)

4 comments:

Leanne said...

I've heard about that! That is so amazing, I'm happy for you!!

I should take both of my kids in and see if it makes them like new! hahaha

Heather said...

that's awesome. I've never heard of doing that, but I'm glad to hear it's working so well for Ethan. I can't believe you put up with that for so long. What patience you must have!
btw- I hear ya on the tummy sleeping thing. In fact, Sydney was always a tummy sleeper as a baby. I would always check on her because she was my first and i was paranoid. But now I'm more relaxed. babies do roll around and around. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that's amazing! I am so glad you called- who would have thought that a chiropractor would do the trick? I'm so happy that you have the true Ethan! :) He is SO cute!

That makes me feel even better about going to a chiropractor for my own neck pain. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I wish I would have known about that when Abbie was little. We'll have to see how this next baby does and at least now we have an option. Thnx!