Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The joys of my life


So I have been feeling very over whelmed by being a mother of three. Trying to juggle the older kids activities and adding another one to get ready in the morning before getting out of the house. I get exhausted just thinking about it. After listening to Elder Ballard's talk during the Sunday afternoon session I realized I was expecting way to much of myself. So I decided to just sit back and enjoy the joys of my life.
Sheldon is a great kid. He loves to help out and loves to be involved. He is usually willing to get the things that I need. He has a great smile and gives some of the best hugs and kisses. He is very loving and treats others really well.
Allie is a ham. She is always doing something to make us laugh. She also loves music and will sing a song about anything. She loves her brothers so much and loves to play with Sheldon no matter what he is playing.
Ethan is such a snuggle baby. He will sleep on your chest for hours on end. He is now just starting to smile and cue at you. I love how he likes to hold your hand while he is sucking on his binky.
I have been given so much, and I need to learn to enjoy the little moments rather than focus on what I think are huge problems. Kids are great blessings.

5 comments:

Wendell said...

amen! And I know what you're going through. Hang in there. It'll get less overwhelming with time. One way or another - either with the kids growing more or you growing more. :) It is so nice to sit back and think of all of the joy we have right now that we will miss as time flies by. Good post.

Leanne said...

What a great reminder.

Anonymous said...

I remember being overwhelmed after each baby. Hang in there! Don't beat yourself up too much! I love your post today. It looks like you are indeed very blessed!

Anonymous said...

You're so great. I'm such a baby and getting nervous about number two, but I must agree kids are the greatest blessing in my life (it also helps matters to be married to a saint of a husband as I know we both are). Good luck with the adjustment to three. You'll do great!!

Jocelyn Allan said...

This picture is priceless!