Friday, October 5, 2007

Today is a weird day...

Have you ever had one of those days? Not a bad day by any strech of the imagination, just not your normal day? That day is today for me. I was a little worried because both of my kids were up by 7:15, but my darling husband took them downstairs and made them breakfast (real breakfast, not just cereal) while I showered and got ready. Ryan was working late last night, so after the kids were in bed I had a chance to clean the house and not have anyone following me making a mess behind me. I think that helped my day today out. After the kids finished breakfast, I took them upstairs to get ready and we cleaned their rooms. All of this before Sheldon even left for preschool. With the house cleaned, Allie and I got to read some books and play. At 11:00 she told me that she was tired and wanted to lay in her bed for a nap. So at 11:00 I had a quite, clean house. I got to read my scriptures, read a few articles in the Ensign, read a couple of chapters in my book club book, and have some yummy chicken noodle soup and hot chocolate with marshmellow ready for Sheldon when he came through the dooran hour after Allie went to bed. So like I said, it hasn't been a bad day at all, just a really weird one. But I'm not complaining... I will take this kind of day every day of the week. :)

2 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

Wow! That's what I'm talkin' about! How nice of your sweetheart to help with the kids (sounds like he's good at that, anyway!) and how nice to have things done in the a.m. hours! Your day sounds like a dream. I would love some quiet moment to reflect. Good for you! You deserve every quiet minute of it! :)

Heather said...

Lisa, it won't be long before you'll have quiet moments like that with all your kids in school!
Kels - I'm glad it was such a good morning. You deserve to have those once in awhile. Where everything just happens to be peaceful. My morning was chaotic and everyone was off schedule for some reason. But we managed. Actually now that I think of it, I haven't brushed my teeth yet! (and it's 2:00!) Oh well! lol.