Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Growing up to fast.

I try to teach my kids Independence and allow them to so things that are a bit of a stretch for kids their age. I like them to pour their own drinks (if the pitcher isn't to full) I let them make their own snacks. I have them make their own beds (and I don't go in and fix them when they are done.) Today Allie asked if she could have a carrot. I told her that she could help herself. Now mind you that I'm not really a big fan of the baby carrots. If I have my choice I will always choose the regular ones. Well after she asked me, while I was putting Ethan down for a nap, this is what I found.




Okay, again ignore the stuff on the counter, I'm still finding a home for everything, but look at how big she is. Not one carrot skin was left on the counter, and no fingers were injured. Some times I look at her and wonder where the time has gone. She is almost 4 and growing up to be so big. Time sure does fly!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

WHAT!!! Holy cow! She is growing up way too fast. That makes me so sad... tell her no! LOL
The older she gets the older we all get! UHG!

Russ and Em said...

I am VERY impressed. I need to encourage that with Abbie more.

Leanne said...

I love that you let them do those things. I try really hard, I'm such a control freak. They do make their beds. but peeling carrots? no way! good for you!!!

Heather said...

I think it's a great idea to have them get their own snacks. I think I'll start doing that more. Except my cupboard has a child lock on it. lol. good for her for not getting shreds on the counter!