Saturday, December 27, 2008

Family Fun

Because we have been so busy with the Draper Arts Councils production of "Christmas Without Mr. C" we haven't been able to enjoy a lot of the family fun that comes along with the Christmas season. We were finally able to enjoy some of the as we slowed down to celebrate Christmas.


First of all it was Ethan's first Christmas. He enjoyed the wrapping of his big brother and sisters gifts more than he enjoyed the gifts he actually got, but he was still fun to watch.

We had plenty to be grateful for this year, and most of that came from the fact that we are all happy and healthy.

After spending Christmas going from our house to Ryan's parents house to my parents house it was nice to get into bed early and relax.

Yesterday morning we got up to some great snow and so we deiced to take the kids sledding.


My pictures are a little bright, but you get the idea. The empty white space in the middle of Sheldon and Ryan is actually Allie. She has a white snow suit and gets lost in the snow.

Cute Allie after her first trip down the hill



Finally today was the annual Hoskins' Family Party. We go ice skating every year. Every other year I can actually ice skate, but Ryan was playing broom hockey when I finally got the kids fed and was able to get out on the ice, so there aren't any pictures of me. I really did skate, I promise.


Ethan just loving the idea of being the center of attention with all the adults around


Allie skating by herself pushing the bucket. She did however get a private lesson with Ryan's cousins wife who teaches skating for a living.

And Sheldon proving that he is big and can do everything by himself.

All and all we have had a wonderful couple of days as a family. We are very grateful that we could spend some quality time together. If makes you see what is really important.

As for the questions about my previous post. Yes we are moving. Due to some financial issues we are moving in with my parents for a few months. Hopefully things will start going a little better for us and it won't be fore to long. We will be moving in the middle of January.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you got to slow down and enjoy the holiday. Sorry you have to move! I know that is so hard. So I'm assuming you've sold your house? My heart goes out to you. Hopefully things will improve soon. On the bright side, at least you'll have your parents around for lots of help and support on a day to day basis. You have such a neat mom and dad.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to have such a fun family Christmas day. I thought my holidays were crazy but I can only imagine how you did it with the play. I'm with Heather....sorry about the move --that has got to be so hard. Please know how much we love you and you are in our prayers. I'm grateful your parents are there to help and I'm sure things will improve soon.

Elegante Family said...

It seems like it was a different Christmas for a lot of people this year, It was nice to remember what it is all about. I hope you guys are doing well. We would love to have you back closer to us in the future. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey our internet signal is still working, lol! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas- that's the most important part, and I totally empathize with what you're going through. It's nice to know, though, that our "cycle" (like in the scriptures) is at it's worst, because that means it's all uphill from here, right? We're looking at sunnier days. Just keep your chin up! :) :) :)

Ritch in Love said...

Hi. My name is Katie (Brady) Ritchie and I knew Ryan years ago! He was in my People to People group. I found your blog when I was searching for another friend from that same group, Keri Nigbur. Anyway, I had to say hello! Ryan, your wife and kids are beautiful! Please stop by my blog anytime!

Anonymous said...

Kels, we haven't heard from you in a while! I hope everything's going okay and that you guys are ((HUGS)) to you and I hope to "see" you around blogger or facebook. :)