Monday, February 25, 2008

Something other than baby news.

I have been so crazy with all of the baby stuff that I forgot to post about Valentine's day,
and my birthday. Silly me.
Ryan did just what I asked him to do this year. Valentine's day is my favorite holiday... even over Christmas, but because of everything with the baby, I wanted to keep it really mellow this year. He got me a Nintendo DS and the two Brain Age Games. Yes I asked for them, have been for about 6 months now. He got me the really cool blue color, which I later found out was just released. I am totally addicted to this little thing. It is nice to because we can take it to the hospital and he will have something to do during the first stages of labor. And I will have something to do while I am recovering in the hospital. Ryan also made Valentine's day a big deal for the kids. He got a cute teddy bear for Allie, with a box of chocolate, and then he got a tulip plant for Sheldon to give to me. Sheldon had been wanting to get me flowers for Valentines day and thought it was awesome that Daddy had remembered and got them. He also picked out nice card for me from him, for me from Sheldon and from him to Allie.
He is such a great guy!
For my birthday, we played if very low key again. I went to lunch with my mom and the kids and then came home got all dolled up and had a nice romantic dinner with my hubby. We went to a Thai food place called Monsoon. I love it there! He also gave me a cute red digital camera. My last one stopped charging the battery so I was in need of a new one. I love this camera, because it is little and can go everywhere the kids and I go. I also got a ton of memory cards so that I can go crazy and not have to worry about deleting pictures until I get home.
All and all I had a great week! And I was only in the hospital once in the middle of the two great days.! :) Now we will just keep our fingers crossed that baby Hoskins comes this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How FUN! I love hearing about the things Ryan does for you and vice versa. You guys seem like a really sweet couple/family! I also love hearing about dads that make Vday a big deal for their kids. That is really sweet!

Leanne said...

sounds like you had a great valentines/birthday!

Heather said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday and valentine's day. We've never made a big deal out of Valentine's Day, but this year, we started. I think it's a fun thing to do. :O)