Friday, August 3, 2007

Sheldon and Allie have been taking swimming lessons this summer. I haven't been able to get any picutres until yesterday, because I have been in the pool with Allie each day, but yesterday Ryan came with us and decided that he wanted to be able to swim with Allie, so I got to be on the edge of the pool and take some pictures, finally.
Allie loves jumping off of the side of the pool. She goes all the way down into the water and comes up with a big huge smile on her face.

Sheldon on the other hand likes to put his head down in the water and kick himself across the pool. He is really learning to keep his body up at the top of the water and hold his breath for a really long time. I think right now he could probally do it longer than I could. The teacher walks right in front of the kids so that they feel like they are really safe. In case he starts to sink she is right there to grab him, but he usually makes it all the way across with out her help.
He is such a little fish.




Allie hasn't quite figured out the idea on swimming. She doggie paddles almost every where. She normally will jump in off the side of the pool, and then turn right around to swim over to the stairs. She then climbs up the stairs and does it all over again.


At the very end of wach class, they get to go down to the deep end of the pool and jump off the diving board a couple of times. They both think that this is so awesome!

6 comments:

Heather said...

That's awesome. I did swimming lessons for Sydney last year, but just didn't get around to it this year for them. I'm thinking about doing it later this year in an indoor pool, like USU or something. Sydney will not put her face in the water like that! Good for your kids. They seem like they're coming along great. :) Cute pix! Where's one of preggo mommy?

Kelseybob said...

Mommy doesn't ever take pictures when she is pregnant. Not something I want to remember. :)

Heather said...

Too funny! I feel the same way. I guess I'll just have to wait and see you in person! ha ha. :)

Dixie Chic said...

That is really cool! I need to give my kids swimming lessons, too. You give me incentive, though! Cute pics!

wendyberd said...

Man - your kids are not afraid of anything! i love the action shots of them just catapulting into the water. way to be the action-photographer!

Kelseybob said...

My kids have never been afraid to try something. They are fearless and sometimes it is scary. They love to jump off of everything no matter how high it is.